ASSET Stands for Assessment of Scholastic Skills through Educational Testing. It is a scientifically designed, skill-based assessment test. Rather than testing rote learning, it uses multiple-choice questions to focus on measuring how well SKILLS and CONCEPTS underlying the school syllabus have been understood by the student. The test provides information on the strengths and weaknesses of individual students and also entire classes.
Salient Features of ASSET
- For students of classes 3-10
- Core Subjects: English, Maths and Science
- Optional Subjects: Social Studies and Hindi
- Based on the CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE, and major state boards’curriculum
- Skill-based test
- Provides detailed customised skill-wise feedback highlighting strengths and weaknesses
- Benchmarks the student’s performance against peers all over the country
- Conducted in the school during school hours
- Schools choose to take the test in summer (July-August) or winter (December)
- Provides feedback on real learning
- Allows students to know they stand and pinpoints areas of strengths and weaknesses
- Allows schools to benchmark themselves against the best and identify areas requiring improvement
- Provides teachers with insights into where exactly their students stand compared to the national average or another section or school
- Allows schools to focus on initiatives like teacher training in the areas where they are needed the most
- Provides concrete ideas for improving assessment methods
Apart from the pen and paper version, ASSET is also offered as a dynamic online test. ASSET Dynamic is a new-age technology driven assessment program that scores students based on a modern probabilistic testing theory. It has all the advantages of ASSET with some additional benefits like – immediate reports, easy online access to report, increased accuracy in reporting, faster remediation, flexible test dates, fewer logistic hassles, etc. ASSET Dynamic is available at no additional cost compared to ASSET. ASSET Dynamic tests can be taken on computers, laptops or even tablets. The tests can be scheduled section-wise or even for a few children at a time since every child will get a different, dynamically generated paper! Please note that school needs to arrange the required infrastructure/allot lab time slots to conduct the online test.
Head Office - Ahmedabad
Educational Initiatives Pvt. Ltd.
A/201, Baleshwar Square,
Opp. ISKCON Temple, S.G. Highway,
Established in 2001, Educational Initiatives believes in making a difference in education through personalised learning and ensuring that students learn with understanding.