Educational Initiatives (EI) is an educational products company that leverages the twin levers of cutting-edge educational research and a technology-based solutions approach to revolutionize how children engaged in the K-12 education space learn. Our vision is to create a world in which children everywhere learn with understanding. Our goal is to reach a multitude of children across different strata of society, irrespective of the kind of education they are receiving today or the curriculum they are following.
We achieve this goal by building products that focus on diagnostic assessment and personalized learning. We believe in a scientific approach to conceptualizing, designing and building our products. This stems from a dream to discover a Science of Learning that can systematically be made available to teachers.
To draw an analogy, modern medicine is the result of a corresponding Science of Medicine that is only about 80 years old. Almost all treatments are based on a scientific approach that follows a process chain enabling in-depth testing, analysis, diagnosis, prescription, progress-tracking and achievement of the goal for which treatment is being done.
EI’s mission is to build this Science of Learning which would provide answers to questions like how many children are not able to (say) correctly subtract in class 5 or solve equations in class 8 and why. It would also categorize the different underlying errors and their frequencies. The Science of Learning would provide teachers a repository of data and techniques that they can use to help children learn better – a big improvement over today’s situation where teachers struggle alone to help students learn. EI’s work on assessment and learning has already helped create banks of misconceptions, common student errors and the like and share these as usable insights with teachers.
The Science of Learning gets built by the use of technology and also helps technology be used better to improve learning!
We are continually looking for people with a positive attitude, compassion, a compelling desire to make a difference in the way children learn!
|DS||Data Scientist (Machine Learning)||Mindspark||Bangalore|
|DA||Data Analyst – Sales||Sales||Ahmedabad|
|ES-M||Educational Specialist (Math)||Mindspark||Ahmedabad/Bangalore|
|ES-E||Educational Specialist – English (Assessments)||Test Development||Bangalore|
|HTML5||HTML5 Game Engineer||Mindspark||Bangalore|
|ASPI-PIM||Programme Implementation Manager||Programme Implementation (Operations)||Bangalore|
|RM||Regional Manager||National Sales||Multiple Locations|
|SE||Software Engineers||Software Development||Ahmedabad/Bangalore|
|QA/QC||Software Test Engineer in Automation||Software Development||Ahmedabad|
1. Data Scientist (Machine Learning)
Why is this role critical?
EI, in it’s mission to reach out to children everywhere to help them learn with understanding, has created an online learning environment called Mindspark. It is a technology-based adaptive learning solution that is developed through cutting-edge educational research and ensures improved level of learning for students. This is achieved through diagnosing current learning levels, prescribing a personalized learning path and tracking learning progress. Mindspark is currently used by more than 80k students and 175 schools, it receives 1 million student responses every day. We have a massive data set that has answers to how students learn and how we can make learning more effective for students.
We are looking for an exceptional data analyst who will work with a team of analysts to synthesize and leverage our massive data set of student learning data to enhance learning outcomes in classrooms. You will be working in a new, multidisciplinary team of creative individuals who are passionate about making a meaningful change in the Education Sector. The team will work in quick iterations, using the techniques and algorithms best suited for solving the challenging problems of student learning.
What you’ll be doing?
- Support the identification, design and implementation of continuous improvement levers through data analytics to improve the product
- Dig in to the large data sets and develop analytical solutions that provide actionable insights on student learning that will support the product development team
- Work cross-functionally and support adhoc analyses to give a more structured shape, examine recent and historical data, identify salient trends, develop statistical models, and surface key insights
- Synthesize diverse, complex information to develop a compelling story with data and insights
- Must have a master’s degree in operations research, applied statistics, machine learning or a related quantitative discipline
- Must have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- 6+ years of experience delivering world-class data science outcomes
- Experience in use of statistical analysis environments such as R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS and comfortable with relational and non-relational databases
- Passionate about working on large data sets and able to communicate that passion to product managers and engineers
- Have a keen desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- Able to propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you
2. Data Analyst – Sales
- Preparing sales data & analyzing it
- Forecasting sales and keeping the Sales Head informed about the key findings
- Calculating incentives for the sales team
- Working with the Software Development team to create a robust pre-sales system
- Helping the Sales Head with presentations
- Graduate with minimum 1-2 years of experience, fresher can also apply
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent command over MS office, especially MS Excel, MYsql
- Should have good presentation skills
- Should have experience in Analysis and Report Generation of large volume data
3. Educational Specialist (Math)
The prerequisite for this post is a fervent desire to change the face of Maths education in India.
- Researching and understanding the Science of Learning by reading pedagogy related research work, analyzing EI’s rich student response data, conducting student interviews and interacting with teachers to figure out how children think and learn. Fair component of data mining, data analysis in Excel is preferred. Optional: Some work in SQL programming
- Using this research to build discerning questions and create interactive content like maths games, enrichment modules, etc to help children learn with understanding online. Optional: Coding the same in HTML5 by the person
- Building notes that highlight misconceptions based on the data and insights, and providing tips to address the same. Think of creative ways to reduce and remove these misconceptions
- Networking and collaborating with research institutes and scholars in India and globally to understand and implement their high-quality work
- Publish papers in international education journals and presentations at TEDx type events
- Do mini-projects from start to finish that aims to solve a big problem and allow for an “entrepreneurial” experience
- Optional: Taking up special assignments – such as coding for partial solving, thinking of system architecture and improving the speed of the software by increasing efficiency through sophisticated algorithms
- Academic brilliance in High School and college, being in the top 20% in your batch throughout
- Interested in delving deep into Maths and how kids learn
- Excited about creating learning and IT solutions that will impact children and transform education
- Ability to do quick math
- Penchant for research- ability to interpret research papers written on Math along with strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Should enjoy working in a team and across teams (within the Mindspark Development team and the IT team)
- Should enjoy healthy debates and arguments which are critical for insight development
- Desired but not necessary: Ability to quickly and independently learn new technologies like HTML5 and sufficient experience in PHP, MySQL
- Master’s degree in any major or a PhD welcome from leading colleges and universities. Roles will be different based on education
- Prior work experience in the education sector will be useful but not necessary
4. Educational Specialist – English (Assessments)
English Assessments team at Educational Initiatives is involved in making engaging and insightful assessments tools that test the level of understanding of the language of children. We are looking for passionate individuals who would love to go deeper into how children learn English language and build high-quality assessments that can uncover gaps in the learning.
The role of an Educational Specialist – Assessments can be broadly divided into three components, namely creation, review and research. Key responsibilities will involve -
1. Creating engaging content for the assessment products, ASSET and Detailed Assessment, which includes-
- Sourcing suitable engrossing passages for reading and comprehension
- Creative ways of assessing comprehension, grammar and vocabulary
2. Reviewing content, focusing on -
- Quality of the question (concept tested, grade appropriateness, phrasing)
- Technical correctness
- Strength of the distractors
- Syntactical/semantic errors
3. Researching on language acquisition/teaching methodologies -
- Through reading of academic journals
- Analysing data on questions
- By interacting with external subject experts
- By interacting with students and understanding how they think
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Some experience in language learning/teaching
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create and source engaging content for students
- Ability to critically analyse questions, tests, and projects for practical use in the context of the classroom
- Basic technological awareness (Windows functions, MS Office, email features)
- Sticking to tight schedules and effective workload management
- Subject background in language learning, at a Masters’ level or above
- Ability to interact in a productive manner with teachers and students, if needed; this should be geared towards gleaning information that will help us improve our understanding of how students learn and also towards improving our offerings
- Should enjoy working in a team and across teams
- Should enjoy healthy debates and arguments which are critical for insight development
5. HTML5 Game Engineer
Educational Initiatives is looking for a talented HTML5 Game Engineer to work with our team on a variety of cross-platform projects and see them from concept to delivery and beyond. Educational Initiatives is a company that believes in making a difference in education through personalized learning and ensuring that students learn with understanding. We are currently seeking a highly-experienced HTML5 Game Developer to develop interesting games which are loaded with Maths concepts to make students fall in love with Maths.
You will work directly with the Game Director/Producer, Game graphic designer to brainstorm, create quick prototype to give life to thoughts and imagination of the team to create highly engaging and fun games.
- Developing interesting games which are lightweight and smooth in functioning and works across different devices and browsers
- Define, maintain, and propagate code style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent experience across the game
- Collaborate with the Game director/producers on a daily basis to ensure high-quality output in a quick turnaround time
- Experience in Native HTML5 games development, ideally using Pixi.js
- Strong grasp of OOPs, Client/Server, and Web technologies concepts along with knowledge of the latest libraries and frameworks
- Understand the story boards and develop templates/interactivities
- Passionate about games, with an understanding of game-play mechanics
- Experience with using third party plug-in and code, and knowing when to use them
- 2-4 years of experience in game development
- Open-minded and keen to learn
- LMS/SCORM deployment and Standard
- Proficiency in XML, Action script, Java script, Server technologies, Web Technologies
Good to have
- Experience with WebGL
- Experience with Unity 3D
- Experience in general digital media asset production
Please share link of 1-2 games that you have developed a video of a gameplay would also be fine
6. Marketing Head
“Do you have a strategic approach to drive initiatives that align with EI’s vision, perfectly tailored and in tandem with its Business Needs, Internal and External Stakeholders and Culture?”
Qualities that describe our Manager:
- An innovator to attract, maintain and grow our customers
- Extensive Networking skills
- A person who understands market flow, company strategy and hence how to implement it
- Social Media Geek
- EI’s brand ambassador – Let the world know what EI does!
Desired Candidate Profile:
- MBA- or a Ph.D., welcome from leading colleges and universities
- 6+ years of rich experience in the domain
- Three words that define you: Dynamic, Go Getter and Passionate
- Ready to work out of Bangalore or Ahmedabad location
- Serving as a key and active member of the senior management operating team
- Providing leadership for the development of global strategic marketing plans, including objectives and strategy for targeted markets
- Driving initiatives with product and business development teams, to define an overall product & technology portfolio strategy for the long-term growth of the organization
- Ensuring development of all strategic product roadmaps and corresponding marketing plans
- Leading the process of continuous evaluation of trends and adjusting strategies to capitalize on shifts in the marketplace, including the process of obtaining and disseminating competitive intelligence across all markets and product lines
- Analysing existing products and markets in terms of their ability to compete, gain market share, grow revenue and sustain
- Monitoring the business metrics with respect to revenue, profitability, market share and product portfolio mix
- Collaborating with the business development teams to define effective distribution channels and establishing rewarding relationships with the sales force with his leadership, training, and positioning expertise
- Developing and managing the budget and establishing the measurement metrics to map the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Partnering with other cross-functional teams to implement a robust internal communication system at EI
7. Programme Implementation Manager
We are looking for a smart and dynamic candidate who can handle operations of our offerings in school, understand their requirements and constrains and help them in the best possible way to ensure smooth functioning of our offerings.
It is expected from him to travel across the country in order to help Sales and PIMs of other zones when required. He/ She should be willing to travel across the country.
- Understand the minimum requirements for Mindspark and according to that make sure that schools match up to the minimum requirements
- Orient Teachers, Students and Parents on Mindspark and how to use Mindspark
- Help schools in solving technical issues
- Assist school IT in recommending setup based on Mindspark requirements
- Assist in server installations
- Coordinate with school and internal teams to resolve school queries
- Ensure retention by providing satisfactory service
- Handle a team of Programme Implementation Executives
Primary Desired Qualification / Traits:
- BCA or equivalent
- Presentable and Fluent in English
- Knowledge in networking and lab configuration and experience in this would be preferable
- Ability to conduct presentation and orientation / training sessions
- 2+ years (Not restricted for right candidate)
8. Regional Manager
The Regional Manager will be responsible for coordinating the regional operations of EI. This position involves significant responsibility and high level of target orientation. The current product portfolio of EI includes ASSET – a diagnostic test, Teacher Training, and Curriculum Services, Mindspark – an adaptive learning program and Detailed Assessment (DA) – a futuristic assessment and a topic-wise testing tool.
EI’s solutions, ASSET, DA and Mindspark, currently reach over 400,000 students every year, and create over 100 million data points that feed EI’s insights, along with a deep understanding of the topic/subject to be learnt, and other detailed studies with students and collection of large-scale data from the entire spectrum, spanning India’s leading international private schools, to rural Government schools from the country’s most impoverished districts.
- Interacting and building relationships with School Principals, Management, and Teachers to create and service the demand for EI offerings
- Inspiring, leading and coordinating with the team to evolve into partners working towards a common goal of school improvement
- Take EI’S Products into the next stage of product growth through a penetration in schools of small cities and towns
- Coordinate with SBU Heads of different products and services to ensure Maximum geographical reach and coverage
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Direct Sales
- Strong target orientation with a history of overachievement of targets
- Presentable and Matured
- “Willing to work in the field” and travel extensively
- Extensive experience of travel and knowledge of the region would be a distinct advantage
- Entrepreneurial streak, with a strong desire to do something “different”, and a liking for education
Location: Lucknow + other locations
9. Software Engineers
“Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do.” -Donald Knuth
If your motto resonates with the quote above and you feel you are NOT an ordinary Software Engineer, willing to contribute in building a better society; we bet you’d find this interesting
Try answering this question
20 divided by ______ = 5
A piece of cake, right?
Sadly, only about 30% of class 4 students were able to answer this correctly. This is an indicator of the kind of learning that is happening in classrooms. And this is no huge difference between a private school and a Government school.
So, what can we do? Go and train every teacher on how to teach? That is not scalable. How would it be if we can build a technology based solution that can improve the quality of learning in the classroom?Wouldn’t it be great if we can give children access to best quality education irrespective of their economic status?
Our vision is to help children everywhere learn with understanding and we believe this is possible by marrying technology with the science of Learning. We are looking for like-minded software developers, who want to be part of this Ed-tech revolution to build a better future.
What responsibilities will you hold?
- Work with architect/project lead to perform high/low level design/architecture
- Provide innovative solutions to complex business problems
- Coding and implementation using best practices to produce high performing/scalable/secured modules
- Execute system development, develop detailed programming logic and maintenance activities
- Regular code review and help team to repair legacy code
- Define, drive and deliver on time with quality through all stages of software development
- Analyse feature requirements and assist with design documentation, design reviews and development activities
- Analyse the customer issues and provide workaround/fix when needed
- Maintain and modify programs
- Develop test plans and systems
So, who fits in?
- 0 to 4 years of experience
- Worked on Database (MYSQL, SQL, ORACLE, RDBMS)
- Fair Knowledge in HTML5
- Knowledge in NoSQL is a plus
- Cloud platform experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge of frameworks like Code Igniter, Zend, Data Structures and database concepts
Sr. Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience
- Worked on Database (MYSQL,SQL, ORACLE, RDBMS)
- Fair Knowledge in HTML5
- Has been part of developing and operating highly available, highly reliable systems
- Working knowledge in Java or .NET will be helpful
- Knowledge in NoSQL, Cloud Platform is preferable
- Will be an advantage if having advanced proficiency in Node.js, AngularJS
- Knowledge of frameworks like Code Igniter, Zend, Data structures and database concepts
10. Software Test Engineer in Automation
In need of automation test engineer who can be a fundamental team member for automation work
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test Automation to understand requirements, develop framework to build upon regression test scenarios via automation. As a QA Engineer you will be an integral part of product team where in the expectations from you would be to estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also help in reporting and tracking defects using the existing defect tracking system.
- 2+ years of working experience in software quality assurance
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Should have at least 2 years of hands-on experience working on Selenium-webdriver
- Should have good scripting knowledge – C# or JAVA
- Should be able to help in defining and maintaining automation framework
- Experience in writing clear and comprehensive test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
What responsibilities will you hold?
- Understand the product and create automation framework to automate regression test scenarios, using Selenium webdriver
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- Plan and coordinate testing activities with minimum supervision
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Defect identification, reporting and tracking of the same
- Prepare all reports related to software testing carried out
- Ensure that all tested related work is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures
Head Office - Ahmedabad
Educational Initiatives Pvt. Ltd.
A/201, Baleshwar Square,
Opp. ISKCON Temple, S.G. Highway,
Established in 2001, Educational Initiatives believes in making a difference in education through personalised learning and ensuring that students learn with understanding.